CITY-WIDE TRASH PICK UP!…
The week of May 8, 2023, the City of Three Rivers will be partnering with Waste Management to provide a one-time removal of items for residential properties. Items are planned to be picked up for all 4 districts as follows (depending on the load of trash in each district, they may get behind schedule):
- 1st District: Monday, May 8th
- 2nd District: Tuesday, May 9th
- 3rd District: Wednesday, May 10th
- 4th District: Thursday, May 11th
Items to be picked up should be placed on the terrace area of yard next to your regular trash tote. Please note, if Waste Management is not your trash removal provider, your regular trash will be picked up separately.
The amount that will be picked up at each location is limited to 3 cubic yards (approximately 1 pick up truck load). Details regarding the specific items that are allowed are listed on our website (see below) and on the city’s Facebook page (here).
Please note this event does not include residents in the downtown area. The downtown area will be provided dumpsters starting May 8th. They will be located in the East and West Parking lots.
For more information see below or call the DPS office at 269-273-1845._
The following RESTRICTIONS APPLY to all disposed materials:
- Total curbside volume shall not exceed 3 cubic yards (approximately 1 pick-up bed). Anything placed at the curb beyond this limit will be left for the property owner to remove at their own expense.
- Refuse must be neatly placed curbside in an orderly fashion. DO NOT bag items as they will not be picked up. Items can be placed in open cardboard boxes.
- No refrigerators, freezers, or air conditioners will be accepted; unless certification sticker is placed on item indicating that the freon has been removed and they are no larger than the maximum dimensions and weight listed below.
- No household hazardous waste (including no electronics and TVs)
- No household garbage will be accepted.
- No individual item over 5′ long, 3′ wide, or 3′ high, weighing over 100 lbs. will be accepted. Note: most mattresses are larger than this and will not be accepted.
- No automotive/marine batteries will be accepted.
- No tires or rims will be accepted.
- No materials that are prohibited from disposal in TYPE II landfills (paints, solvents, oils, etc.) will be accepted. (Note: paint cans that are open and contain only DRY paint will be accepted.)
- No propane cylinders will be accepted.
- All construction/demolition materials must be less than one cubic yard in total volume for curbside pickup.
- No lawnmowers or small engines will be accepted unless the fluids have been completely drained.
- Windows, glass, and mirrors must be less than 3′ x 4′ in size.
Published April 13, 2023