Leaf pick up dates and a map showing the City’s districts for final leaf collection dates are provided below…
City residents may place leaves in the streets beginning Monday, October 17th, at which point crews will begin picking up leaves. Please do not place leaves in the street before October 15th or after the last pickup date for each district (listed below). Barring inclement weather or any other unanticipated events, leaf pickup throughout the city will continue through mid-December, with final collection dates by district as follows…
- Third District – out by morning of Dec. 5th
- First District – out by morning of Dec. 8th
- Fourth District – out by morning of Dec. 12th
- Second District – out by morning of Dec. 15th
For calendar of Fall Brush & Leaf dates, click here.
- Leaves should be placed in the street (not yard) and may placed slightly away from the curb to allow for storm water drainage and ease in leaf collection efforts.
- Leaves placed in the street prior to the specified date will be subject to a fine.
- It should be noted that any brush, sod, bricks, rocks, trash or other foreign materials will damage machinery, hamper our ability to perform our pickup, and lead to a visit from the Code Enforcement Officer with a possible citation.
- Please do not place leaves in street terraces (i.e., the areas between the sidewalk line and the curb, when present) as city equipment cannot pick them up.
DPS offers a compost drop off area for city residents: located at 1015 S. Lincoln Avenue, and is open Monday 7am to 4pm Monday through Saturday. City residents (only) can drop off brush, leaves, grass clippings and garden waste at the compost area. If you have any questions, please call 273-1845 or click here for additional info.