Brush and leaf pick up dates and a map showing the City’s districts (shown below) are also available on the City of Three Rivers’s Facebook page.
City residents may begin placing brush on their terraces. The Department of Public Service (DPS) crews will begin picking up brush starting on Monday, October 15. Brush will be picked up by district as follows…
- Third District – Monday, October 15th
- First District – Tuesday, October 16th
- Fourth District – Wed., October 17th
- Second District – Thurs., October 18th
We will only pick up brush ONCE, so needs to be on your terrace by 7:00 am on or before your day of pick up.
Please NOTE: Fall Brush Pickup is for brush ONLY. ***Brush mixed with leaves will not be picked up!***
City residents may place leaves in the streets beginning Monday, October 22nd, at which point DPS crews will begin picking up leaves. Barring inclement weather or any other unanticipated events, leaf pickup throughout the city will continue through December 3rd, with final collection dates as follows…
- Third District – out by 7:00 am on November 26th
- First District – out by 7:00 am on November 28th
- Fourth District – out by 7:00 am on November 30th
- Second District – out by 7:00 am on December 3rd
- Leaves should be placed in the street (not yard) and may placed slightly away from the curb to allow for storm water drainage and ease in leaf collection efforts.
- Leaves placed in the street prior to the specified date will be subject to a fine.
- It should be noted that any brush, sod, bricks, rocks, trash or other foreign materials will damage machinery, hamper our ability to perform our pickup, and lead to a visit from the Code Enforcement Officer with a possible citation.
- Please do not place leaves in terrace areas as city equipment cannot pick them up.
The Department of Public Services offers a compost drop off area located at 1015 S. Lincoln Avenue. We accept brush, leaves, grass clippings and garden waste at the compost area. The compost area is open 24/7 for City residents. If you have any questions, please call the Department of Public Services at 273-1845.