NOTICE OF ELECTION:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT AN ELECTION WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2018. THE POLLS WILL BE OPEN FROM 7:00 A.M. TO 8:00 P.M.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that candidates of the following partisan offices are to be voted for in St. Joseph County: US Senator, US Representative in Congress, State Representative, County Commissioner, and such other partisan offices that may by law be required to be nominated at the primary.
PLEASE BE FURTHER NOTIFIED that delegates to the Republican Party and Democratic Party country conventions will be elected at the August 7, 2018 Primary Election.
THE FURTHER PURPOSE of the election is to vote on the following proposals as presented and listed below:
TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY MILLAGE RENEWAL AUTHORIZING THE COUNTY TO LEVY .33 OF A MILL ($0.33 PER $1,000 OF TAXABLE VALUATION) FOR A PERIOD OF FOUR (4) YEARS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF OPERATION MILLAGE FOR THE St. JOSEPH COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY FOR THE CONTINUATION OF TRANSPORTATION SERVICES.
FLOWERFIELD TOWNSHIP PROPOSAL
EXTRA VOTED FIRE PROTECTION AND AMBULANCE SERVICE MILLAGE ATHORIZING FLOWERFIELD TOWNSHIP TO LEVY 1 MILL ($1.00 PER $1,000 OF TAXABLE VALUATION) FOR A PERIOD OF FIVE (5) YEARS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF FIRE PROTECTION AND AMBULANCE SERVICES.
Full text of the proposals is available by contacting your clerk, at www.stjosephcountymi.org/clerk or at Michigan.gov/sos.
All electors who are registered with the clerk in which they reside are eligible to vote at this election. To comply with the Help America Vote Act (HAVA), voting instructions will be available on audio tape and in Braille. Arrangements for obtaining the instructions in these alternative formats can be made by contacting the township clerk in advance of the election. All polling locations are accessible for voters with disabilities.
- City of Three Rivers – Riverside Church at 207 East Michigan Avenue
- Constantine Township – Township Hall at 165 Canaris
- Fabius Township – Township Hall at 13108 Broadway
- Flowerfield Township – Township Hall at 12020 M-216
- Lockport Township – Township Hall at 58985 Holtom Road
- Mendon Township – Township Hall at 136 West Main
- Park Township – Township Hall at 53640 Parkville Road
ABSENTEE BALLOTS are available for all elections; registered voters may contact the local clerk to obtain an application for an absent voter ballot. You may vote by absentee ballot if you:
• Are unable to attend the polls without assistance;
• Are 60 years of age or older;
• Expect to be absent from your city or township for the entire time the polls are open on election day;
• Are in jail, awaiting arraignment or trial;
• Have been assigned to work as a precinct inspector in a precinct other than where you are registered; or
• Are unable to attend the polls because of religious beliefs.
Please contact your City/Township Clerk for information regarding absentee ballots. The last day for absentee ballots to be mailed is Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
• Marti Brown, Constantine Township, 435-9900
• Carol Wilkins, Fabius Township, 244-5376
• Myron Fuller, Flowerfield Township, 646-9121
• Tammy Babcock, Lockport Township, 506-6983
• Donna Cupp, Mendon Township, 496-7708
• Ed English, Park Township, 279-7860
• Melissa Bliss, City of Three Rivers, 273-1632, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri.