It is time for the City of Three Rivers brush and leaf pickup to begin soon! A calendar showing the dates described below, and a map showing the City’s districts are available at the City’s website www.threeriversmi.org, or on the City’s Facebook page.
City residents may place brush on the terrace beginning Saturday, September 26, 2015. On Monday, October 5, 2015 Department of Public Service (DPS) crews will begin picking up brush. We will pick up brush in:
- Third District – Monday, October 5th
- First District – Tuesday, October 6th
- Fourth District – Wednesday, October 7th
- Second District – Thursday, October 8th
We will only pick up brush once, so all brush needs to be on the terrace by 7:00 am on or before your day of pick up. This is for brush ONLY. Brush mixed with leaves will NOT be picked up.
City residents may place leaves in the streets beginning Saturday, October 10, 2015. On Monday
October 12th DPS crews will begin picking up leaves.
We will pick up leaves as follows:
- Round 1
o Third District – Monday, October 12th
o First District – Monday, October 19th
o Fourth District – Monday, October 26th
o Second District – Monday, November 2nd
- Round 2 (may not be completed due to weather)
o Third District – Monday, November, 9th
o First District – Monday, November 16th
o Fourth District – Monday, November 23rd
o Second District – Monday, November 30th
- Leaves placed in the street prior to Saturday, October 10th will be subject to a fine.
- It should be noted that any brush, sod, bricks, rocks, trash or other foreign materials will damage machinery, hamper our ability to perform our pickup, and lead to a visit from the Code Enforcement Officer with a possible citation.
- Leaves placed slightly away from the curb allow for storm water drainage and ease in leaf collection efforts.
- Please do not place leaves in the terrace area as our equipment cannot pick them up.
- Leaves placed in the street by 7:00 am Monday of the week of your pick up will be picked up for each round. Leaves placed after the beginning of your pick up week may not be picked up until the next round.
The Department of Public Services offers a compost drop off area located at 1015 South Lincoln Avenue. We accept brush, leaves, grass clippings and garden waste at the compost area. The compost area is open 24/7 for City residents. If you have any questions, please call the Department of Public Services at 273-1845.