It will soon be that time of year for the City of Three Rivers residential brush and leaf pickup!
Brush and leaf pick up dates and a map of the City’s districts are detailed below…
City residents may begin placing brush on their terraces. The Department of Public Service (DPS) crews will begin picking up brush starting on Monday, October 11. Brush will be picked up by district as follows…
- Third District – Monday, October 18th
- First District – Tuesday, October 19th
- Fourth District – Wed., October 20th
- Second District – Thurs., October 21st
We will only pick up brush ONCE, so it needs to be on your terrace by 7:00 am on or before your day of pick up. For a detailed calendar for Fall Brush & Leaf dates (Oct.-Dec.), click here.
PLEASE NOTE: Brush Pickup is for brush ONLY…
** Brush mixed with leaves will not be picked up! **
City residents may place leaves in the streets beginning Monday, October 18th, at which point crews will begin picking up leaves. Please do not place leaves in the street before October 16th or after the last pickup date for each district (listed below). Barring inclement weather or any other unanticipated events, leaf pickup throughout the city will continue through December 6th, with final collection dates by district as follows…
- Third District – out by morning of November 22nd
- First District – out by morning of November 29th
- Fourth District – out by morning of December 1st
- Second District – out by morning of December 6th
For a detailed calendar for Fall Brush & Leaf dates (Oct.-Dec.), click here.
- Leaves should be placed in the street (not yard) and may placed slightly away from the curb to allow for storm water drainage and ease in leaf collection efforts.
- Leaves placed in the street prior to the specified date will be subject to a fine.
- It should be noted that any brush, sod, bricks, rocks, trash or other foreign materials will damage machinery, hamper our ability to perform our pickup, and lead to a visit from the Code Enforcement Officer with a possible citation.
- Please do not place leaves in street terraces (i.e., the areas between the sidewalk line and the curb, when present) as city equipment cannot pick them up.
DPS offers a compost drop off area for city residents: located at 1015 S. Lincoln Avenue, and is open Monday 7am to 4pm Monday through Saturday. City residents (only) can drop off brush, leaves, grass clippings and garden waste at the compost area. If you have any questions, please call 273-1845 or click here for additional info.