Leaf pick up dates and a map showing the City’s districts (shown below) are also available on the City’s Facebook page.
City residents may place leaves in the streets beginning Monday, October 21st, at which point crews will begin picking up leaves. Please do not place leaves in the street before October 19th or after the last pickup date for each district (listed below). Barring inclement weather or any other unanticipated events, leaf pickup throughout the city will continue through December 4th, with final collection dates as follows…
- Third District – out by morning of November 25th
- First District – out by morning of November 27th
- Fourth District – out by morning of December 2nd
- Second District – out by morning of December 4th
- Leaves should be placed in the street (not yard) and may be placed slightly away from the curb to allow for storm water drainage and ease in leaf collection efforts.
- Leaves placed in the street prior to the specified date will be subject to a fine.
- It should be noted that any brush, sod, bricks, rocks, trash or other foreign materials will damage machinery, hamper our ability to perform our pickup, and lead to a visit from the Code Enforcement Officer with a possible citation.
- Please do not place leaves in street terraces (i.e., the areas between the sidewalk line and the curb, when present) as city equipment cannot pick them up.
DPS offers a compost drop off area located at 1015 S. Lincoln Avenue for city residents. We accept brush, leaves, grass clippings and garden waste at the compost area. If you have any questions, please call 273-1845.