2018 SUMMER PROGRAMS
FREE educational programs will be held in the pavilion just outside the zoo gates at Scidmore Park every Saturday at 1:00 pm, rain or shine.
PETTING ZOO HOURS
- June 15 – Sept. 2: Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, Noon to 5:00 PM
- Sept. 8 – Oct. 27: Saturdays Only, Noon to 5:00 PM
Please see the Park Summer Program Flier 2018 or event list below for additional information.
Summer Programs 2018
- June 30 – Exotic Pet Birds: Interact with and learn about a wide variety of exotic pet birds.
- July 7 – Experience the Wild: Meet a variety of exotic animals, including a Patagonian cavy and a miniature caiman.
- July 14 – Hawks, Eagles, and Owls, Oh My!: The Lake Milton Raptor Education Center presents a variety of raptors.
- July 21 – Giant Python Day: Muxlow Exotics brings a variety of reptiles for you to touch and learn about, including a giant python.
- July 28 – Rhythm in the Blue: Kalamazoo Nature Center presents the wild musicians of the wetlands. Meet one of nature’s musicians in person.
- August 4 – Be a Wildlife Rescuer: Patty Kloosterman, a licensed wildlife rescuer teaches us how to help our animal friends when they are lost or injured.
- August 11 – Wildlife Neighbors: The Kalamazoo Nature Center presents this informative program, which includes a live owl!
- August 18 – Hawks, Eagles, and Owls, Oh My!: The Lake Milton Raptor Education Center presents a variety of raptors.
- August 25 – See you Later, Alligator!: Muxlow Exotics brings a variety of reptiles for you to touch and learn about, including several alligators.
- September 1 – The Ark Animal Encounters: Come meet a variety of wild animals, including an opossum and a giant lizard, the Argentine black and white tegu.
- September 8 – Exotic Pet Birds: Interact with and learn about a wide variety of exotic pet birds.
2018 Summer Programs in the Park